We are committed to helping our clients get the compensation they need to treat their injuries, support their families and regain their lives.

A serious accident often leaves its victims overwhelmed. Many are unsure of their rights and don’t know where to turn for help. At Seattle-based Rossi Vucinovich PC, we have been serving accident victims throughout Washington, Oregon, Colorado and the greater northwest with compassion, empathy and respect for more than 50 years.

FAQs About The Injury Claim Process

After an accident, many people have questions. How do I get reimbursed for my medical bills? Do I have to accept the settlement agreement my insurance company offers? What if I need more medical treatment in the future? At Rossi Vucinovich PC, we have answers. Below are some of the most common questions individuals have after an accident.

What Are My Legal Options?

There are many legal paths you can take to pursue compensation after an injury. Insurance companies often make settlement offers, but their main goal is to settle your claim for as little as possible. Many of these offers do not adequately compensate you for your injuries. Our attorneys fight for you to maximize your recovery. If you want to avoid court, we will provide strong representation at the bargaining table. If litigation is necessary to protect your rights, we will go to court and fight.

How Do I Know If I Have A Claim?

At Rossi Vucinovich PC, we will evaluate your case for free. We will ask questions about your accident and your injury to help you decide whether you want to pursue a claim.

How Much Will It Cost To Pursue A Claim?

Our firm handles cases on a contingency basis and we will advance all of the costs necessary to build your case. That means you do not pay us a fee until we recover money for you.

What Kind Of Compensation Can I Get?

In general, accident victims are able to obtain compensation for lost wages, reduced earning capacity, current and future medical needs, physical pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life. In a wrongful death suit, surviving family members can obtain compensation for both the economic loss and noneconomic loss — such as emotional support and love — caused by the fatal accident.

How Long Do I Have To Bring My Claim?

The statute of limitations for personal injury claims varies state to state. In Washington and Colorado, generally speaking you have three years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury claim. However, these timelines may be reduced or extended depending on the type of claim, so it is important that you contact us as soon as possible after you are injured.

Under FELA, claims must be brought within three years of the accident. For injuries that are hidden, such as lung cancer that develops later in life due to exposure on the job, the three-year period begins when you reasonably know that the injury is related to your railroad work.

How Long Will It Take To Get Compensation?

There is no easy answer to this question. After we have evaluated your claim, we will be able to provide more guidance on how long it will take to get compensation.

What Is The Difference Between Workers’ Compensation And FELA Benefits?

As a railroad employee, you are not covered by workers’ compensation. Your only path to recovery is under FELA. Under FELA, railroad workers are able to recover all of their damages including economic, such as lost wages, and noneconomic damages, such as pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. Under FELA, the injured worker must prove fault or that the railroad failed to provide a reasonably safe workplace, whereas under workers’ compensation fault is not an issue.

What Should I Bring To My Consultation?

Bring as much information about the accident and your injury as possible, including the date and time of the accident, the names and contact information for the other parties involved, any photos you have of the accident scene and your injuries, your medical records, and any other documents that may be helpful to your claim.

Contact our lawyers today to schedule a free consultation. Call us at 425-646-8003 or 866-357-7245.